BOM DIA MINHA FAMÍLIA E MEUS AMIGOS!!!!
It is a beautiful day here in Santo Amaro, it is pday, and I have another week to be a missionary for the Lord! Life is wonderful I tell ya.
´´Imperfect people are all God has EVER had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him but He deals with it. SO SHOULD WE. And when you see imperfection remember that the limitation is not in the divinity of the work… so be patient, and kind, and forgiving.´´- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
I love this quote. Here in Brasil it seems I am developing the attitude of President Kimball and Nike… just do it. Its quite liberating really… just be obedient and you´ll get blessings. We have no reason to complain. We have the gospel, we have hope, we have the scriptures, we have the power of prayer and of our covenants, and we have each other. Family is everything. God send us to families to learn and grow… so guess what, we will always learn and grow from our family members! We will sometimes be tested, tried, and tempted to diminish our families, say words we dont mean (even do things we dont mean) but in the end our FAMILIES can be eternal. So yup, you guessed it. In the family we will be tested to the max with our family relationships because we need to endure AS A FAMILY to the end if we want to live together forever. How grateful I am for my family. I have a picture of y´all on my desk that I look at daily. Y´all motivate me to be better, to work harder, and to give my all to the Lord.
Speaking of covenants I was impressed last week while I read the story of Ammon. I love verses 22 and 23 of chapter 19 because it teaches an important principle. Heavenly Father will ALWAYS keep His promises. If Heavenly Father has promised you something trust in it. Exercise your faith and be obedient. Be patient and I promise, as our Father has already done, you will receive the blessings and answers to your prayers.
This week we worked! Sister Carvalho is getting more and more comfortable with teaching and doing contacts in the streets. Its great!! Unfortunately our investigator Jean dropped us but we are hopeful and joyful that one day she will accept the gospel. We are also hopeful and joyful that Heavenly Father is preparing His children in OUR area so this week, we are gonna work some more. 🙂
On Thursday we had an AWESOME zone meeting!! We learned about 6 points to help us improve in the work of the Lord. It was a spiritual smack down and I loved every minute of it. I can´t wait for you boys to participate in a zone and district meeting. The Spirit is strong when we are unified in our purpose.
1. obedience. Presidente Pinho really drives the principle- the law really- of obedience and I am so grateful for that. Obedience is the first law of Heaven and if we want to live in the Celestial Kingdom, we need to live the Celestial law.
2. desires. Remember a few weeks ago when I talked about desires? How we need to first ACT (just do it) and then we will receive Divine Help to change our lives. (´´If you don´t feel like ______, _______ until you feel like ______!´´)
3. studies. As missionaries our studies should be based in the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel. Both of these books are inspired of God. Challenge- have a study of the Book of Mormon every day this week and remember, if you are too busy to read the scriptures and pray, you are busier than God ever intended you to be.
4. motivation. What motivates me to be a missionary? First, the love I feel from my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ and the love I feel for Them. Next is the Spirit. I love feeling the Spirit… and I feel the Spirit most when I am being obedient and when I am serving others. Third, the convenants I have made and the blessings that come with those covenants. Fourth, my family both present, past, and future. Families are eternal.
5. faith. I am learning more and more about the importance of faith every day. Faith with out works is dead and through faith we can do all things required of us. There are countless sriptures on faith. Just open up the pages.
6. hard work. just do it. you feel better when you do. I love Doctrine and Covenants section 4:2 with the emphasis on the word ´´embark´´… you can not fully embark on a journey with one foot in the boat and the other on the dock. just like the gospel- you cant put one foot in your sunday worship and the other in laziness. Its all or nothing. You will never receive a fullness of blessings if you dont give it your all.
Other random news: Its a miracle anything gets done in this work. We are weak, young, immature, and we fall short daily BUT this is the work of the Lord. He is at the head of His Church and that is why we have success because of His Atonement we can make something more of our lives.
-When Brasil plays in the world cup, we will stay in our houses.
I love you all. I love this gospel with all my soul and I absolutely adore being a missionary.